Our working party (usually on Sundays from 10:00am to 4:00pm) welcomes visitors, and we normally try to have two Open Weekends per year:
- Spring Open Weekend — an invitation to see our progress over the Winter months
- Next event: May 2018, date to be confirmed
- Autumn Open Day — usually in conjunction with the annual Open Day at Alan Keef Ltd.
- Most recent event: September 2017
A Note about Access
The Lea Bailey gold mine site is entirely within Forestry Commission woodlands, and therefore under open access agreements it is open to all. We urge visitors to take great care when walking and to keep clear of the tracks and other obstacles. The mine is kept locked and access is only available by special permission from the Mine Manager, Jonathan Wright. Following the events of January 2016, access by members of the Lea Bailey Light Railway Society is restricted to those with Underground Insurance, and then only as far as is necessary.
- Browse Posts tagged with Open Days